Norene Kelly, Jingyu Liu and Kelly Kalvelage Presentation Notes - UX in IT
They work in the University IT Department as the first UX IT staff. Recently the department has been moving towards an Agile methodology.
Misconception: Design is only visual and something that happens at the end of a project.
What is Good Design?
- Broad accessibility
- Problem solving
Cogs of UX
- Project Management Methodology: Agile + Sprints
- User Research
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Content Strategy
- User Interface
- Visual Design
Case Study: Survey for IT Website
- Open Card Sort (for labels)
- Labels and categories are extensive but some are repeated
- Evaluating the card sort one by one and comparing could be onerous
- Some people responded that the site is difficult - they compared other universities but didn’t find a good way to organize it
- Responses to questions about icons where almost more useful that the straight survey
- Evaluated difficulty of use on prototype but probably should have also timed how long it took to do actions
- Pros and Cons reactions
- Associate one word to an image